Senior Electrical Engineer
Seeking an experienced, accomplished and self-motivated architect of electrical systems for next generations EV Charging product. Join a talented team in the development and full lifecycle of the product, providing expertise and guidance for team projects related to a energy storage & power conversion system with complex electrical characteristics and control requirements. The ideal candidate is an inventive problem solver, capable of working through technical challenges and employing pragmatic solutions.
- AC/DC Charger for EV product development: hardware design, troubleshooting, generating parts lists, drawing schematics, PCBA
- Power Electronics: High Voltage/High Current Converters, Inverters, Power Supplies
- Serve as a high-level individual contributor by designing, building, and testing digital and analog circuits, PCBA, power supplies, embedded systems, electrical systems for EV Charger devices.
- RF Technology: Board Design, Transceiver, Antenna, EMC (EMI & EMS), EMC mitigation
- Communications: Protocols (Wi-Fi, Cellular, ZigBee, Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy), Gateway, Cloud
- Testing, writing test procedures
- Documentation and agency approval
- Support sustaining engineering activities as needed. Effectively support the manufacturing engineering team by helping identify and maintain relationships with top-tier PCBA suppliers, develop PCBA test fixtures and procedures, and proactively manage obsolescence of electrical components.
- Ensure the electrical engineering team provides strong support for all phases of product development including integration of prototypes, compliance (FCC, UL, CE, IEC), Hotpot, ESD and transition to production.
- BS, MS, or PhD in electrical engineering
- Practical experience in power electronics is required
- 5+ years’ experience in hardware design, analogue circuits, digital circuits
- Embedded systems: HW (Microcontroller, Power Management, I/O, Radio, Memory, etc.), OS (Linux, RTOS), FW (C, C++, Python)
- PCB Design. Experience in Altium, ORCAD, PSPICE, Debugging, Board Bring-Up,
- Must be a good team player
- Must be able to work in all phases of the design process, including prototype, test and document
- Li-Ion Battery
- Battery Management
- EV Experience
- Thermal Management experience
- Inrush Current and ESD mitigation experience