Apply Now >>
FreeWire Technologies is seeking a Corporate Controller to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the month-end close and reporting process.
- Own and complete the month-end close process including closing entries, account reconciliations and reporting. Ensure the team meets deadlines and communicates financial results to management timely and accurately.
- Prepare Budget vs Actuals reports and explain variances. Analyze financial statements for fluctuations and anomalies.
- Help optimize various systems used by accounting (Quickbooks, Odoo, Bill.com, Abacus, Gusto) and maintain approval flows and controls associated with it.
- Process payroll and own payroll reporting.
- Help design and set up automated controls for all accounting related tools and reduce manual processing wherever possible.
- Assist in preparing financial and accounting policies as needed and assist in the application and adherence to those policies.
- Prepare and file sales tax collected on a monthly basis. Ensure compliance with various tax filings.
- Work with auditors and complete PBC’s for financial audits and tax returns in timely manner.
- Work proactively with the various Operations, Engineering and Sales teams to ensure efficient and accurate flow of information between teams.
- Provide oversight on other initiatives or projects impacting Accounting.
- CPA or Advanced Degrees in Accounting & Finance.
- At least 8 years of experience in Accounting or Audit.
- Strong technical skills and experience in financial reporting and US GAAP accounting.
- Inventory accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate comfortably with senior management and non-finance business partners.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to take on challenges and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and build working relationships across other teams.
- Results driven with a high level of ownership, initiative, teamwork, accountability, and integrity.
- Tech industry or startup experience.
- Experience with Quickbooks preferable.
Apply Now >>