FreeWire Technologies is seeking a Corporate Controller to join our team.
FreeWire Technologies believes in electrification beyond the electrical grid; a world where everyone has the opportunity to use clean power wherever and whenever it is needed. At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way energy is delivered to electric vehicles. FreeWire’s solutions will evolve from providing just EV charging to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it is needed. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility and retail customers. To meet our ambitious goals, we are growing rapidly. The Corporate Controller will be crucial in building out the accounting function to support the Company’s growth.
- Build and manage a best-in-class Accounting organization that scales with the business.
- Own the month-end close process including closing entries, account reconciliations and reporting. Ensure the team meets deadlines and communicates financial results to management timely and accurately.
- Prepare Budget vs Actuals reports and explain variances. Analyze financial statements for fluctuations and anomalies.
- Build out a management reporting package.
- Present quarterly financial results and updates on process improvements and control initiatives to Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
- Work cross functionally and with accounting team to improve business processes.
- Help design and implement internal controls commensurate with the changing scale of the business.
- Finance/Accounting lead on ERP system implementation
- Set up international accounting function as company expands reach overseas.
- Assist in preparing financial and accounting policies as needed and assist in the application and adherence to those policies.
- Lead preparation for and timely completion of financial audits
- Own regulatory and tax compliance.
- Provide oversight on other initiatives or projects impacting Accounting.
- CPA or Advanced Degrees in Accounting & Finance.
- At least 14 years of experience in Accounting or Audit.
- Minimum 2 years Controller or Assistant Controller experience
- Strong technical skills and experience in financial reporting and US GAAP accounting.
- Ability to see the big picture and be strategic.
- A hard-working self-starter that is results oriented and reliable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate comfortably with senior management and non-finance business partners.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Inventory accounting experience.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to take on challenges and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build working relationships across other teams.
- Results driven with a high level of ownership, initiative, teamwork, accountability, and integrity.
- Tech industry or startup experience.
- Big 4 experience preferred.
- System implementation experience preferred.