Director of Marketing and Communications
FreeWire Technologies is seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications to join our team. With a deep understanding of our market and clients, you will lead brand narrative development and communication across our website, content, media outreach, and demand generation campaigns. At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way energy is delivered to electric vehicles. FreeWire’s solutions will evolve from providing just EV charging to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed on the electric grid and by consumers. Our hardware includes an industrial IoT device with integrated sensors and onboard control systems. It is connected to a cloud-based analytics platform and remote-controlled through our customer-facing mobile and web apps. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. To meet our ambitious goals, we are growing rapidly and need an energetic, high-impact person to join the team and help us reach our goals.
- Lead PR/communications, social media, and brand development and drive awareness of FreeWire’s global brand.
- Design, create and implement a comprehensive and integrated marketing and communications strategy.
- Oversee the production of a variety of thought-leadership content and marketing materials meant to increase FreeWire’s visibility and competitive positioning to expand and enhance public perception of the company.
- Partner with leadership across departments to ensure brand and message quality is aligned and consistent across all media, programs, and channels.
- Expert understanding of all media vehicles such as digital performance, search, website, social media, email content marketing with a proven track record of compelling and effective content across all.
- Proactively identify strategic communication opportunities with internal and external partners, strategic influencers, thought leaders and media.
- Oversee and proactively manage relationships with creative and media agencies.
- Design clear communications goals and outcomes to track and measured against progress.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline, Masters in Marketing or similar relevant fields preferred.
- 7+ years of marketing experience at a technical or technology company desired.
- Experience working in the energy, utility or electric vehicle industry is a plus but not required.
- Experience and background in B2B marketing.
- Ability to demonstrate the return on investment of key marketing programs.
- Experience managing and providing direction to third-party vendors.
- Experience managing and developing budgets.
- Ability and gravitas to influence, partner and inform senior and executive leadership.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Creative and artistic vision and direction.
- Fluency in the Google Suite of applications.
- Experience with digital marketing forms such as social media marketing and content marketing.
- Discrete and trustworthy in handling confidential, non-public market information.
- Thrive in fast-paced, collaborative and team environments.
- Above all, you must be results-driven—you are always looking to achieve great things for yourself, your team and excited about being part of an emerging and transformative company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.