Manufacturing Electrical Engineer
San Leandro, CA
- Defines, designs and implements Functional & System Manufacturing Hardware Test Plans
- Responsible for production line throughput at the bring up and final test stages
- 2nd level field support of quality issues
- Define improvements required for installation SW to improve system visibility and debug. Work with engineering to implement the improvements.
- Assesses electrically oriented ECOs for clarity and production impact
- Leads the development, implementation and evaluation of hardware reliability test strategies and methodologies for test/debug support of Prototype, Pilot and early production builds.
- Works closely with and coordinates required actions of partner engineering teams.
- Trains factory personnel for manufacturing test and debug of products.
- Regularly reviews manufacturing test results in detail and makes appropriate optimizations and enhancements to the process.
- Provides subject matter expert support for failure analysis and debugging for escalations from factory and field.
- Conducts regular reviews of product changes, assesses the impact to manufacturing test process and plans for appropriate support.
- Develops advanced debug tools to assist with failure analysis and resolution.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to improve internal development processes.
- Leads cross-functional teams regarding highly complex issues
- Communicates effectively at all levels from supporting engineers to Senior and Executive Management.
- Strategically improves processes that go beyond product and/or project-specific tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required.
- 8-10yrs debugging and bringing up highly complex electrical systems in a very fluid evolving product line
- Able to quickly diagnose problems to the wiring or component level
- Work with electrical component suppliers to improve quality.
- Evaluate alternative electrical component suppliers along with engineering and commodity management.
- Must have expert failure analysis skills.
- Must have in-depth understanding of network technologies and physical interfaces.
- Must have experience working with Linux-based development systems and tools.
- Effective and efficient problem-solving/analytical skills.
- Comprehensive project management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and influencing skills.
- Very strong technical communication capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient software code skills (Java, Python etc)