Manufacturing Electrical Engineer
FreeWire Technologies is seeking an Electrical Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in San Leandro, CA. We build mobile, battery-based energy storage systems to provide clean and quiet power anywhere. Our energy storage hardware is an industrial IoT device. It is connected to cloud-based analytics and remote-controlled through customer-facing applications.
As Electrical Manufacturing Engineer you will be overseeing.
- The transfer of engineering design into the production space for all electrical oriented design changes. This includes documentation, training, Design for Manufacturability (DFM), supplier sourcing and tooling for implementations.
- The continuous improvement of the product through design changes, process improvements, and supplier sourcing for components/parts.
- The analysis of all electrical issues impacting the product in the production space and resolution of those issues with design, process, or supplier updates.
- The support of the production line and field service with any electrically oriented issues.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot issues with product and hardware designs, provide possible solutions and recommend improvements to the process or design
- Support design related CAPA projects, Sustaining projects, Operations request for support
- Evaluate current production and field issues to identify failure trends, implement methods of preventing future failures and communicate to improve next-generation designs
- Create cable/harness assemblies with design requirements for EMI/EMC compatibility
- Ensure all required documentation, process, and equipment is in place for sustaining production as well as product launches
- Understand design of experiments (DOE), design for manufacturability (DFM), failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA), process failure mode and effect analysis (PFMEA).
- Interface with testing and quality engineers to help establish flows for design, testing and validation of hardware systems
- Visit supplier plants to become familiar with manufacturing process
- Seeks knowledge of industry trends and shows interest in specific area of expertise
Required Experiences and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in a production environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams: mechanical, electrical, software, test
- Experience with harness/wiring experience in industrial, automotive, or equivalent
- Experience with wire connection list, electrical schematics, wire gauge sizing, connector selection
- Experience with CREO, AutoCAD Electrical, or SolidWorks Electrical
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic startup environment.
Preferred Experiences and Skills:
- Hardware/electrical engineering experience preferably in the automotive industry, industrial setting, energy industry
- Knowledge of EV charging standards a plus
- Experience with High Voltage and high current a plus
- Familiarity with high speed bus hardware and protocols (CANbus, Modbus, Ethernet)
- Experience with NA and EU safety and regulatory requirements
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.