FreeWire Technologies is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in San Leandro, CA. We build mobile, battery-based energy storage systems to provide clean and quiet power anywhere. Our energy storage hardware is an industrial IoT device. It is connected to cloud-based analytics and remote-controlled through customer-facing applications. FreeWire has raised its Series A, recently moved into a brand-new office space, and has been growing its customer base rapidly.
FreeWire Technologies is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer will plan, design, set up, modify and optimize, and monitor manufacturing processes in our facility. This role is critical to building a repeatable, verifiable, and measurable manufacturing process for all FreeWire products.
- Partner with the engineering team during the development phase to inject DFx methodologies into new product
- Primary liaison between engineering and manufacturing to ensure proper requirements are established, met and/or completed prior to release to production
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to design, implement, and maintain fixtures, assembly and test stations, automate/enhance test programs and data collection methodologies for FreeWire products
- Deployment and maintain operation of the manufacturing software at FreeWire’s contract manufacturing facilities
- Review production data, troubleshoot and improve problem spots and communicate clear data-driven feedback to engineering and operations team to improve the products and the production line
- Active in the design/enhancement, and implementation, of a Manufacturing database for tracking production units and test data
- Identify and implement design for manufacturing, production line safety, etc. and subsequently drove closure of production line fixes
- Develop work instructions for complete system architecture, troubleshooting techniques, etc.
- Support outsourcing efforts to increase manufacturing productivity and maintain supplier and contract manufacturer relationships
- Specify build equipment, improved production floor layouts, capacity requirements, shop travellers, etc.
- Develop and implement lean manufacturing processes of final system design and sustain engineering efforts for product life-cycle
- Create technical documentation (8D reports, non-conformance reports, incoming inspection documents, etc.) for mass production and outsourcing of electrical component construction
- Develop manufacturing best practices documentation, retrofitting procedures, field service manuals, etc.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, manufacturing, industrial, mechanical or related fields
- Minimum 5 years related experience in manufacturing or assembly processes
- Working knowledge of manufacturing/mechanical processes and equipment
- Thorough understanding of analog and signal conditioning circuits, high voltage/high power electronic systems, digital interfaces, and control systems
- Experience designing, operating, troubleshooting, or maintaining complex production machinery is desirable
- Battery charge/storage/discharge experience is desirable
- CAD experience (SolidWorks, AutoCAD) is desirable
- Sound understanding of safety requirements for working with high voltage componentry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for generating documentation, work instructions, and problem reports
- Passion in improving your work and resourcefulness to require minimal support
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma theory and practices is desirable
- Strong skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly