NPI Contract Manufacturing Program Director
San Leandro, CA
- Engage the CM/JDM/ODM partners to enable the cutting-edge technologies and products with best-in-class quality, delivery and cost.
- Own and grow a meaningful relationship with our partners to influence their strategy to ensure best support to our new product and new technology development.
- Develop deep understanding in the EMS industry, considering the global business climate and competitive landscape.
- Negotiate commercial agreements to meet both technical, operational and commercial requirements.
- Negotiate MVA, NRE and CapEx to ensure best-in-class cost for our products. Leverage our partner to optimize the BOM cost with our Strategic Sourcing Management team. Actively look for cost optimization opportunities and lead cross-functional effort to achieve it.
- Enable the cross-functional team to collaborate with their counterparts on the partner side to ensure open, efficient and professional relationship.
- Manage escalations from the teams and address the concerns with the partner to drive short term and long-term improvement actions.
- Drive with our partner to grow their capabilities to meet our future needs through different avenues, including formal QBR and informal conversations.
- Lead regular Quarterly Business Reviews and executive business review and drive supplier performance improvement.
- Develop relationships with the key stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage our partner’s capability to grow our business.
- Collaborate with CM strategy manager to develop our long-term CM strategy
- BS degree
- 7+ years’ work experience in sourcing or related disciplines specific to CM/JDM/ODM and FATP business
- Experience in supplier evaluation/selection, should cost models, contract negotiation and supply base management.
- Leadership, program management, and cross-functional teamwork experience
- Experience communicating with and influencing all levels of management.
- Master degree in a related engineering disciplines or MBA
- 10+ years of sourcing experience with 7+ years’ experience managing suppliers with factories in the Americas and Europe preferred.
- Experience navigating through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple work threads to maximize impact.