Product Manager, Retail
FreeWire Technologies is offering an exciting opportunity to join the fast growing company at a vital time in the company’s growth. FreeWire seeks a Product Manager, Retail to join the Product Management team. Following the commercial release of the Boost Charger in August 2020, the company is growing rapidly both in the U.S. and globally. The Product Manager, Retail will focus exclusively on the retail vertical and develop products and services tailored to the needs of this significant market segment for FreeWire.
Vision and Strategy
- Define and lead product initiatives that solve important problems for our clients in the retail sector, help them achieve their business goals, and drive increased value through the platform.
- Evaluate potential product features for the retail vertical to determine viability and value to the business based on user research and competitive analysis.
- Conduct specific analyses and help drive product management decisions based on the insights and analysis of features, make priority recommendations and provide actionable feedback to the engineering team where appropriate.
Ideation and Documentation
- Write detailed specifications and market requirement documents (MRDs) that effectively express and evangelize new products and features to the engineering team, and other key stakeholders.
- Elicit, capture, analyze, refine, articulate and document feature requirements into detailed epics, user stories, acceptance criteria and software documentation; follow-through with engineering to deliver those features on schedule.
- Be strongly data-driven in understanding product usage metrics, measuring success and failure of different features to adapt the product to further meet the needs of customers.
- Work with quantitative data and qualitative insights to make smart optimizations to existing products; use data and analytics to inform optimizations to our products and experiences.
Marketing and Communications
- Serve as technical representative on product features and functionality for Sales and Marketing teams, including participating in customer meetings as required. – Act as an external representative with integration partners.
- Create and present briefs, presentations, webinars to customers and internally.
- 3+ years of professional experience; or Graduate Degree with less experience will be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Graduate degree is a plus
- Experience working in the corporate operations/strategy of retail business, or relevant consulting experience is strongly preferred
- Previous experience with software development, either as engineer or Product Manager/Owner
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative and has strong follow-through
- A team player with ability to collaborate cross-functionally – Excited to work in a start-up environment
- Must be able to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel (PPT, Excel, Word, etc.) and equally comfortable working in Google Suite (Slides, Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.