Supply Chain Director
San Leandro, CA
- Lead the company’s supply chain and vendor management strategies in support of improving lead time, reducing costs and promoting continued company growth.
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operations.
- In-depth knowledge of international supply chain strategy, practices, and procedures
- Manage and ensure accuracy of master data for planning.
- Demand and cost analysis, Supply risk assessment, Manufacturing, Fulfillment and Logistics
- Participate in/identify continuous improvement projects to further the Company’s Lean execution.
- Lead, grow, and inspire multiple teams and staff worldwide.
- Global experience managing extensive networks in Asia Pacific,Europe and the Americas
- Managing forecasting in current MRP system with continue improvement.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related area, and a minimum of 12 years of Material Management experience.
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated success driving change in Materials and/or Supply Chain.
- A solid understanding of marketing and/or business management is also essential in this position. Solid knowledge and understanding of the interfaces and interrelationships between Customers, Supplier, Program Management, Product Management, Procurement, Shipping/Warehouse, and engineering.
- Solid project management skills, including the ability to multi-task.
- Familiarity with industry and market best practices.
- Be able to demonstrate computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Business communication skills, particularly facilitation, negotiation and presentation skills.
Principal Challenges and Accountabilities:
- Leadership skills
- Inventory and Financial risk management
- Overall knowledge of production and detailed knowledge of scheduling processes.
- Strong knowledge of scheduling applications and systems.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Product availability
- Grounded with a solid foundation in sales, the individual in this position will need to perform a quick assessment, gather information and be able to deliver results within a very short timeframe.
- Communication with executive management is key to achieving goals.
- The ability to adhere to and maintain a flexible, working schedule while keeping focused on tight deadlines.
- A wide degree of creativity is expected.