Office Manager & Bookkeeper
FreeWire is a fast-growing startup in the energy storage and electric vehicle space. We are driven by electrification (pun intended), and we have amazing investors and customers supporting our success. We're looking for an absolute rockstar to come in and be our combination Office Manager & Bookkeeper.
- Assist with visitors, including scheduling conference rooms, preparing for meetings, ensuring NDAs are signed, and more.
- Re-order and maintain office & kitchen supplies.
- Coordinate with office vendors (cleaning, repairs, etc).
- Document handling & file management.
- Event planning.
- Maintain and develop company culture.
- Manage the recruiting process (Angellist, LinkedIn, etc).
- First point of contact with potential candidates.
- Plan & execute interview days, collect feedback from the team.
- Onboard new hires, coordinate Day 1 activities.
- Travel planning.
- Support executive team, including travel and scheduling.
- Reconcile all transactions in Abacus.
- Keep track of all credit card transactions.
- Requires strong understanding of US GAAP.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Manage invoicing of customers, including follow up.
- Ensure the accuracy of all POs.
- Report back to executive team.
- Handle payroll, including expense management and reporting.
- Project short-term cash flows.
- Report sales activity to state department of revenue.
- Work with our tax agency as needed.
Maintain business qualifications, including annual reports to the CA Secretary of State, State of Delaware, etc.
Work with our insurance broker.
Stay on top of all general corporate matters.
You enjoy working in and contributing to an open, friendly, work environment. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are professional, mature, and have an incredible amount of common sense. You have strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence. You are an effective and efficient problem solver. Prior experience with all of the above is a must. Most of all, you are a quick learner and you want to help a company grow as a fast as possible.
FreeWire Technologies is seeking a Controls Engineer to join our team. At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way energy is delivered to the construction, entertainment, and utility industries, plus electric vehicles. We build mobile, battery-based energy storage systems to provide clean and quiet power anywhere. Our energy storage hardware is an industrial IoT device with integrated sensors and control systems. It is connected to cloud-based analytics and remote-controlled through customer-facing applications. We have figured out the hardware side of the product and now it’s time to build an equally strong software platform. FreeWire has raised 3/4 of its Series A, recently moved into a brand new office space, and has been growing its customer base rapidly.
In this role you will expand the capabilities of our mobile energy storage device and its local operating system. FreeWire is creating a connectivity hub called AMP (Asset Management Platform), enabling our own energy storage systems and third-party devices to communicate as a fleet of smart, interconnected assets. In this role you will be responsible for on-device interfaces between between the system controller and various individual components. This includes state machines for charge and discharge operations, battery management, and system health monitoring. This is currently performed using a Java application framework on embedded Linux, but may move to a more traditional C/C++ controller in the future. You will also serve up data that can be consumed by our IoT communication device and published to the cloud, and perform actions based on commands received from the cloud. This will involve close collaboration with our IoT engineering team.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming (preferably Java/C++)
- Familiar with test-driven development
- Ability to evaluate technical documentation
- Familiarity with version control (preferably Git)
- Experience with real-time programming environments
- Skilled at remote software deployment and debugging
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve quickly under time pressure
- Fast learner capable of working in close collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing controls or embedded systems
- BS or MS degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related technical
- Experience working with power electronics
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with EV charging specifications (J1772, CCS, CHAdeMO)
- Familiarity with serial communications protocols (CAN bus, RS485, I2C, SPI)
We openly welcome applications from all genders, people of color, people w/ disabilities. We especially seek individuals with the drive to learn quickly and willingness to tread into the unknown.